Windsor NS Funeral Homes

Windsor NS funeral homes in Canadada provide local funeral services. Find more information about funeral homes, mortuaries, cemeteries and funeral chapels by clicking on each listing. Send funeral flowers to any Windsor funeral home delivered by our trusted local florist.

funeral flowers

Express your deepest sympathy - send beautiful flowers today!

sympathy roses

Wonderful way to honor the life and memory of a cherished friend or loved one.

funeral standing sprays
$20 OFF

All white shimmering blossoms symbolize peace, love, and tranquility.

DeMont Family Funeral Home

419 Albert St.
Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
(902) 798-8317

Windsor NS Obituaries and Funeral Related News

Funeral arrangements made for Lakeshore district fire chief - CTV News

Thursday, April 12, 2018

CTV Windsor</span> Published Friday, April 6, 2018 1:44PM EDT Last Updated Friday, April 6, 2018 1:57PM EDT Funeral arrangements have been made for a 27-year veteran of the Lakeshore fire department. Station 3 District Chief Joe St. Louis died after a violent assault on March 24 sent him to hospital with life- threatening injuries. He passed away in hospital a few days later on March 29. Michael Hiller, 43, of Windsor has been charged with aggravated assault and assault. Visitation for St. Louis continues Friday between 7 and 9 p.m. at the Families First funeral home on Lauzon Road. Funeral services will be held at the Good Shepherd Church in Tecumseh. A service for family and friends will be Saturday at 12:30 p.m., with a memorial service to follow at 1:30 p.m.Let's block ads! (Why?)...

Oscar Maillet - Hartford Courant

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Janice of Avon widow of the late William Lonabaugh. He was also predeceased by five brothers: Martin Leondre and Tilmon formerly from Moncton N.B. Canada Alcide formerly of South Windsor CT and Ivan formerly of West Palm Beach FL and three sisters Madeleine Maillet formerly of Dieppe N.B. Canada Rita Richard formerly of Rogersville N.B. Canada and Lea Cormier of Moncton N.B. Oscar also leaves many nieces and nephews throughout Canada and the United States. Friends may call at the Vincent Funeral Home 120 Albany Turnpike in Canton between the hours of 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Wednesday April 4th. Funeral will be at 10:30 am on Thursday April 5th at St. Ann Church 289 Arch Road in Avon. Interment will be at St. Ann's Cemetery Avon. In lieu of flowers of flowers donations may be made in his memory to ORTV (Office of Radio & Television) in support of the daily television Mass 15 Peach Orchard Road Prospect Connecticut 06712-1052 or donations in his memory to St. Ann's Church 289 Arch Rd. Avon CT 06001. Please visit Oscar's "Book of Memories" at for online condolences.Vincent Funeral Homes120 Albany TurnpikeCanton 06019-2506(860) 693-0251WebsiteLet's block ads! (Why?)...

Grand Falls-Windsor woman disgusted by online death database - The Telegram

Thursday, April 12, 2018

GRAND FALLS-WINDSOR, NL – It was easy to hear the pain in Cynthia Downton’s voice as she described her family’s experience finding her sister Anne Gardner’s obituary listed on the website Afterlife.  Afterlife is self-described as “Canada’s largest database of deceased people.” The website sells virtual candles and flower delivery services through links next to each obituary on its website.  The site has recently come under fire for copying obituaries posted on funeral home and newspaper websites without permission. Downton told the Advertiser it broke her heart when she saw someone had used her sister’s obituary for personal gain. “We were raised in an honest household and I can’t even wrap my mind around how sick a person has got to be … to try and take advantage of people.” She said the website is taking advantage of not only the families of the deceased, but people...

Hamilton teenager shot by police had 'the biggest heart,' girlfriend ... -

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Taser on the ground. "They were only defending themselves."A family friend and neighbour insists MacDougall was not the aggressor. "They pursued him first and they scared him," Shannon Windsor said. "They made it worse. They are not equipped to handle these situations."The two officers shot MacDougall not far from her unit as her children and their cousins played road hockey outside her brother's home down the street, Windsor said.The mother of three young children said MacDougall was distressed and scared when he called police, or 911, twice. The second time was from her brother's place because his phone wasn't working, Windsor said."He called 911 himself and, unfortunately, they didn't do what they're supposed to. They didn't serve and protect."If MacDougall posed such a threat, why didn't police clear the street of children first, Windsor asked. "I couldn't believe that they would expose my children to that."Windsor described the MacDougall household as kind and generous, like Quinn. "Every time you saw him, he was always happy. He put a smile on your face."She has set up an online campaign to raise funds for his unexpected funeral and burial. The GoFundMe effort aims to raise $10,000.MacDougall's death was the sixth fatal police shooting in Hamilton in the last decade.Under the Police Services Act, police are trained to not draw, point or discharge a firearm unless the officer believes "on reasonable grounds" it's necessary to prevent "loss of life or serious bodily harm."Police's use of lethal force has come under scrutiny in recent years, especially following the 2013 police shooting of Steve Mesic in his Hamilton backyard, which sparked an inquest.Hamilton police agreed to make changes to the mental health training for its officers. The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services plans to roll out a new response framework this summer that will feature new training standards.Schronk, on her way to the MacDougall residence Thursday evening for funeral arrangements, said she wants "some sort of justice for him and his family."tmoro@thespec.com905-526-3264 @TeviahMorotmoro@thespec.com905-526-3264 @TeviahMoroLet's block ads! (Why?)...

Death Notices March 2018 - Port Dover Maple Leaf

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Ted DeckerDECKER, Theodore James – It is with heavy hearts the family announces the passing of Ted Decker. His seven-year battle with cancer ended on Friday, March 16, 2018 at the Windsor-Essex Hospice. Predeceased by his parents Carl and Rita. Left to mourn are his loving wife June (Sloat), brothers...

Cornwall and Area Death Notices - Cornwall Seaway News

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Your ability to make a career of your passion (flying), your role at the core of a happy family and your deep love of jazz continue to shape all of our lives. Bruce Burgess was born in Amherst Nova Scotia in 1932, son of Clifford Burgess and Eva Trueman. He volunteered, at the age of 18, to join the Royal Canadian Air Force at the start of the cold war, serving from 1951 to 1987, as a jetfighter pilot. During flight training he was the recipient of the JD Siddley trophy for best performance, receiving his commission as a Pilot Officer in the RCAF in 1952. He served two tours in Germany, initially flying CF-86 sabres with 434 Squadron in Zweibrucken from 1953-54 and then returning to command 441 and 439 Squadrons flying CF-104 starfighters in Lahr and Baden-Sollingen from 1969-72. After his first tour overseas he married his high-school sweetheart and lifelong love, Faith Marie Mill, in December 1954. Returning to Canada from Europe in 1954 he served in the Overseas Ferry Unit, flying small single-engined fighters across the Atlantic to Europe from Longeueil, Quebec. Postings through the late 50s and early 60s saw him training the RCAF’s (and NATO’s) growing cadre of pilots in Portage la Prairie, Saskatoon and Gimli. His experience with accident investigation within the Flight Safety Directorate in Ottawa from 1965-68 helped initiate safety procedures that dramatically brought down the accident rate amongst new jet pilots. After a year’s study in Staff College in Kingston and operational training in Chatham and Cold Lake, Bruce Burgess returned to Europe, commanding 441 and 439 reconnaissance squadrons flying CF-104s in Germany and studying with the Royal Air Force Warfare College at RAF Manby in 1...

Aleta Williams, trailblazing journalist with deep church connection, dies at age 94 -

Thursday, April 12, 2018

She was also a member of the board of the United Way of Pictou County, the African United Baptist Association, AUBA Women’s Institute, Black United Front of Nova Scotia, Pictou County Council of Churches, Pictou County Seniors Festival and Aberdeen Hospital Palliative Care. Her volunteerism did not go unnoticed as she was the recipient of awards from the Black Cultural Centre, United Way, Pictou County Music Festival as well as a cultural heritage award from the Town of New Glasgow to name a few. “I have been here (in Pictou County) since 1989 and what always amazed me was her quiet gentleness and anything you asked her do, it was done excellently,” said Rev. Dr. Glen Matheson of New Glasgow.   Aleta Williams: The first African Nova Scotian to work in the province’s mainstream media. She worked for The Evening News in New Glasgow for 20 years and continued to write for the newspaper well into her 80s. — Michael de Adder (@deAdder) April 12, 2018 Many people will remember Williams for her career accomplishment as the first African Nova Scotian to work in the province’s mainstream media. But this wasn’t the job that Williams was looking for when she sat down for an interview with Harry Sutherland, owner of The Evening News, now known as The News. She had applied for a position in business administration but Sutherland was so impressed with her, he asked her to work in his editorial department. She accepted and within a few months was named women’s editor. “Aleta is a true pillar in her community and has been a trailblazer her entire life, without even realizing it,” said Jackie Jardine, editor of the Pictou Advocate and former community editor at The News. “She went to work at a time when most women were just entering the workforce and continued to work long after retirement. In fact, she was still writing newspaper columns when she was well into her 80s.” For 20 years, she worked as family and community editor for The Evening News and was known for putting people at ease. Widowed at a young age and while most of her children were still at home, she never missed their school, music or sports events. Nor did she cut back on her commitments to her church or her community involvement. “As a journalist, she knew her community,” said Dave Glenen, regional editor for Nova Scotia for Saltwire Network. “As we chased the fires, the mayors, the crime, she sought out the ordinary and drew out their stories. While most hoped not to be a target of some of our stories, all celebrated being in one of Aleta’s. It was common to hear on the weekends, people talking about the latest Aleta feature.” Throughout her career she believed passionately that everyone has a story to tell and immediately put people at ease in the telling while she ...

CP Explains: How bodies are identified by the authorities - Salmon Arm Observer

Thursday, April 12, 2018

That’s often the easiest and quickest way to identify a body,” said Dr. Matt Bowes, chief medical examiner for Nova Scotia.Another option is using genetic matching. The problem is that it can take time to get the DNA comparisons done.“You want to give information to families quickly and you want to figure things out as quickly as you can, so it’s always at the moment thinking what is the best approach to take,” Huyer said.Related: Dyed hair a factor in Humboldt bus crash victim mix-upWhat difficulties did the Saskatchewan coroner face in the bus crash?The situation in Saskatchewan was complex for several reasons. One of them was the large number of victims who had suffered terrible injuries that rendered them less recognizable. Further compounding the problem was that the teammates had dyed their hair blond for the playoffs, were of similar age and similar build.“In addition to that, the coroner is probably under a tremendous amount of pressure to clear the scene for obvious reasons of compassion,” Bowes said. “Nobody likes to stand in the way of reuniting of the family and the loved one. This is certainly the kind of thing where an error could occur.”Given the frailties inherent in any identification process, errors can and do occur, Bowes said.“They’re famous in our community,” he said. “They’re one of the things we’re very mindful of.”In one case, a man in Toronto was hit by a commuter train in 2004 and a visual identification by his sister was done. The family was at the funeral, when the man himself arrived at the sister’s house to say he wasn’t dead. “That would be one of the most extraordinary examples in Canadian history,” Bouwer said.What should be done when ID mistakes do happen.The important thing is to be very upfront and honest about what happened, Bowes said. He gave authorities in Saskatchewan credit for doing just that.“We all have to remember these things do happen,” Bowes said. “Most people are tremendously forgiving when you’re humble and forthcoming with your error.”Bowes also suggested a staff meeting to re-examine standard operating procedures to see what might have been done differently to prevent a recurrence of the mix-up. Even the best written procedures can be rewritten, he said.Fortunately, the situation in Saskatchewan is an extraordinarily rare circumstance in Canada, Bowes said.“A mass-fatality event with 15 dead is almost unknown in Canada. You can practically count them on the fingers of your hands. They are rare.”Colin Perkel, The Can...